8th International Workshop on Sand/Duststorms and Associated Dustfall
May 02, 2016 02:55 PM
May 03, 2016 02:55 PM
|Add event to calendar||
The 8th International Workshop on Sand/Duststorms and Associated Dustfall will be held in Lisbon, Portugal on 2nd - 3rd May 2016.
The workshop is co-organized by Centro de Ciências e Tecnologias Nucleares (C2TN) from Instituto Superior Técnico and by Centre for Environmental and Marine Studies (CESAM) from University of Aveiro.
It is expected to provide an opportunity for an interchange of ideas among researchers, policy markers and practitioners in environmental sciences.
Scope and topics
The theme of DUSTworkshop8 is "Advances on research and knowledge on sand and dust storms and their impacts on environment, weather and climate".
The goal of DUSTworkshop8 is to bring international research activities/outcomes together and to discuss how to enhance our understanding of dust storm mechanisms and their links and feedbacks between desert dust, air quality, radiation, clouds, water budget and health impacts. One of the major objectives is to bring together scientists working on dust from Europe, Asia and USA, exchange information on hot research topics and to promote international collaborative efforts between research groups, institutions and agencies.
The Workshop will consist of plenary talks, oral presentations, round table discussions and poster presentations. The scope of the workshop includes studies using modeling, measurements and analyses (in situ and remote sensing) in the following topical areas:
- Source definition and properties of dust;
- Dust particle size and composition issues;
- Dust transport, mixing with anthropogenic pollutants and aging;
- Aerosol-radiation-cloud-precipitation interactions;
- Dust and climate interactions;
- Dust and ocean productivity;
- Modeling and prediction;
- Environment impact assessment;
- Health impact assessment.
- Registration opening: 25th September 2015
- Abstract submission opening: 25th September 2015
- Abstract submission deadline: 15th December 2015
- Notification of decision: 21st January 2016
- Early registration deadline: 15th February 2016
- Registration for inclusion of abstracts in Book of Abstracts: 31st March 2016
- Deadline for cancellation of registration/Registration closing: 1st April 2016