Side event "SDS-WAS: Dust observation" held during GAW Symposium
The main goals of the event were:
- To identify needs of different communities for dust observational data.
- To review the state-of-the-art of dust observation: the current and potential capabilities of different platforms (in situ, ground-based remote sensing, satellite) as well as geographical coverage and data availability.
The presentations delivered during the event were:
- Enric Terradellas (State Meteorological Agency of Spain): Observational needs
- Emilio Cuevas (State Meteorological Agency of Spain): Ground observation
- Taichu Tanaka (Japan Meteorological Agency): Satellite observation
- Valentin Foltescu (United Nations Environment Programme): UNEP view